- Login to your cPanel by visiting http://your-sites-domain.com/cpanel/
- Choose the Backup option
- Choose the Download a Full Website Backup option
- Choose Home Directory as a Backup Destination
- Enter your email address in the Email Address field
- Choose Generate Backup
- Choose the Go Back option
- Below the Backups Available for Download title you’ll see a backup-date-here.tar.gz item with [in progress] labeled at the end. You can continue to refresh this page. Once the backup is complete and you’ve refreshed the page, this item will turn into a download link, allowing you to download the backup file.
This tar.gz file contains all aspects of your hosting accounts including, but not limited to;
- Your website
- Your email accounts and their email contents
- Addon domain / sub domain records
This backup can be restored to any cPanel based hosting service.